• M.A., Art History, University of California, Davis, December 2000. Completed a broad range of
coursework in art history with an emphasis on twentieth century art. Master’s thesis: Sophisticated
Play in the Art of Florine Stettheimer.
• B.A., Double Major: Art Studio and English, Illinois State University, Normal, Illinois, May 1994.
Graduated Cum Laude.
• Study Abroad Program in French language and culture, Angers, France, January - May 1992.
• Art Instructor for Island Arts/ Lamma Art Studio, May 2013- present. Designing and teaching art
studio classes for children ages 4 to 14.
• Research Assistant for Professor Alexandra Cook, Department of Philosophy, Hong Kong University,
October 2002-March 2003. Conducted research on Jean Jacques Rousseau.
• Research Assistant for Professor Gordon Slethaug, American Studies Program, Hong Kong
University, July 2002 – May 2003. Conducted research for an anthology on the road in American
• Helena Rubinstein Foundation Intern, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, March 1999 - April
2000. Provided research and administrative support in the department of painting and sculpture for
the exhibition MOMA 2000: Making Choices. Supervisors, Beth Handler and Carina Evangelista.
• Research Assistant for Professor Dianne Macleod, UC Davis, July 1997 - March 1999. Researched
art collectors at the Chicago Historical Society, the Archives of the Art Institute of Chicago, the New
York Public Library, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the New York Historical Society.
• Collection Management Intern, Crocker Art Museum, Sacramento, CA, July- September 1998.
Completed inventory of prints and photographs from the permanent collection, updated location
records, assisted in other registration duties. Supervisor, Paulette Dunn Hennum.
• Library Assistant, Art Library, Department of Art and Art History, UC Davis, September 1996 - July
1998. Worked the circulation desk, assisted student research, other general library support.
Supervisor, Bonnie Holt.
• Intern, Richard L. Nelson Gallery, University of California, Davis, March- June 1998. Organized an
outreach workshop for high school students in conjunction with the exhibition Misch Kohn: Beyond
the Tradition. Gave docent tours of the same exhibition. Researched prints from the permanent
collection and entered research into the collection database. Supervisors, Price Amerson and Carol
• Intern, Southern Exposure Gallery, San Francisco, CA, January - August 1995. Organized artists
materials and slides for curatorial meetings and exhibitions, wrote letters and press releases, other
general administrative support. Supervisor, Sue Lopez.
• Visiting Lecturer, School of Design, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong, September
• Lecturer, Languages and General Education Centre, Tung Wah College, Hong Kong, January– May
• Lecturer, Fine Arts Department, Pitt County Community College, Greenville, North Carolina, August
2006 – August 2007. Designed and taught Art History courses. Supervisor, Eleonor Willard.
• Teaching Assistant, American Studies program, Hong Kong University, January - May 2002. Led
discussions and graded exams for a course on the American city taught by Professor Gordon
• Guest Lecturer, American Studies program, Hong Kong University, November 2001. Presented
lectures on early twentieth century American art for a course on the arts in America taught by
Professor Staci Ford.
• Teaching Assistant, Art History Department, UC Davis, January 1997 - June 1998. Led sections and
graded papers for medieval and renaissance survey courses and upper-division courses in modern and
• Teaching Assistant, Department of Art, Illinois State University, August - December 1991.
• UC Davis Humanities Fellowship, 1997-98, 1996-97.
• Honors in the Studio Arts Award, May 1994.